Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blog Post #3

I would like to do the biodiesel lab as a demonstration with my students. To have 15 or so sets of kiddos making biodiesel makes me very nervous. :) I DO want them to see how easy the process it though, because it is unbelievable! It shows students the possiblities of a future that exists on very little fossil fuels. I will engage ISU in my teaching this year with lab protocol and by being a risk-taker and doing more "daring" labs with my students. I want to use the document based case studies to help my students improve their non-fiction reading skills and their critical thinking skills. I would like to create some "mini" documents to use throughout the year. I would LOVE to see Eric Hall teaching in his classroom! I think I could gain a lot of ideas from observing him.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe we should convince Eric to flip his classroom for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to watch Eric's classroom. I may have to take a professional day and do that. Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete