A blog about my experiences in a Summer Academy at Iowa State University during summer 2013.
Friday, July 12, 2013
Week One Reflection
One of the most important things I learned this week are that teachers are fun, creative, and inspiring classmates! I have shared classroom ideas and gained so many new ideas from my classmates that I am excited to use this next school year. Learning in a pair or in a group is such a great experience with plentiful benefits.
The most challenging part of the week has been to learn about new concepts involving the creation of Biochar. It has been both fascinating and puzzling to me. I plan to do some more research on it to find out more information this weekend.
I am excited to take all this new biorenewable knowledge I have gained and will gain in the next two weeks into my teaching. I also love that I have resources and knowledge about what scientists in this area do and I can share that with my students so they will know the career choices they have in the future. Teaching science is an ever evolving job. There are always new pieces of information I can learn and share with my students. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment