Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Final Blog Post

I feel much more confident in conducting more challenging labs this year in my science classroom with my seventh graders. As a result of the last three weeks, I also have a few new resources I would enjoy using in my classes to help students improve their critical thinking skills (DBCS, lab ideas, the Lab-O-Matic, etc.). I plan on having more open-ended learning activities that include creativity like the Design Thinking project we did today. I feel like this type of project will motivate my students to be more creative and also to feel more confident in sharing their ideas with classmates. This is something that so many students struggle with in the middle school years. I would love to do one of the Design Thinking projects with my science department. It would be a wonderful way to share this idea with my colleagues and a fun way to spend some PD time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment